Supporting the teaching staff at our school in Arundel, West Sussex, we are looking to recruit a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to work with SEN, Special Educational Needs young people within our care.
To complement and support the teachers' delivery of the school curriculum and contribute to the development of students.
Working collaboratively with teachers in planning, monitoring, assessing and managing classes and to encourage students to become independent learners, supporting their welfare and their emotional and behavioral development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To supervise classes during the short term absence of teachers.
- To provide support for teachers and students in order to raise standards of achievement for all.
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of young people.
- To work with teachers to plan and prepare lessons and group or individual activities for students.
- To develop and prepare resources for lessons and other activities in line with IEP's and lesson plans.
- To contribute to the planning of opportunities for students to learn in out of school contacts such as educational visits in line with school policies and procedures.
- To support teachers and students in lessons to achieve learning objectives.
- To work within a budget and maintain financial records.
- To provide detailed feedback and evaluation on lessons and student participation, achievement and further learning needs.
- To follow My Choice Children's Homes and My Choice School Policies, Procedures and Practices.
- To motivate and engage students learning with interesting and structured learning activities.
- To be familiar with students learning and emotional needs through their IEPs objectives, PEPs and EHCPs.
- To work with teachers to evaluate students' progress through a range of assessment activities, using the school assessment framework and tools.
- To teach, on occasion and within an agreed framework of supervision and guidance, whole classes or to lead individual or small group lessons.
- To ensure that DFE and OFSTED standards are maintained to the highest standards.
- To use behaviour management strategies, in line with school policy and procedure, to contribute to a purposeful learning environment, ensuring all students are safe, engaged and interacting positively.
- To supervise students at school and on educational visits, ensuring safe environments and practices, both in lesson time and in transition and break-times.
- To recognise and challenge any incidents or racism, bullying, harassment or inappropriate behaviour and any form of abuse of equal opportunities ensuring compliance with school policy and procedures.
If you wish you can read more about My Choice Children's Homes here