Do you have a solid background in fleet management within the commercial vehicle industry? Able to set up your own department from scratch?
This is an exciting opportunity for a vehicle finance manager to join an expanding organisation, where you will be responsible for setting up your own department incorporating sales, underwriting, procurement, collections and operations that currently facilitate the finance agreements for the purchases of the commercial vehicle sales.
The role will be responsible for introducing vehicle finance sales to the logistic and transport sector and in particular companies that run fleets of commercial vans
What will you be doing?
- Set up and manage a new vehicle finance department including:
- Sales: to the logistics sector, hauliers and other commercial vehicle users
- Procurement: supply chain, tracking options, servicing, future driver requirements
- Business Development: Underwriting, Telesales
- Manage the department, recruit, motivate, train and develop the team
- Provide weekly management reports to SMT
- Manage risk and controls as business expands and develops
- Develop and test underwriting process and formula.
- Develop new vehicle procurement relationships, which includes tracking service, maintenance, insurances, vehicle servicing,
- Develop test underwriting formula making sure business processes are fully up to date and current within the logistics and transport sector.
- Manage finance defaults, collections, vehicle recovery and auctions and achieve underwriting objectives.
- Ensure the department is run to budget and generates revenue based against the business plan.
What do you need?
- Background in fleet management within the commercial vehicle industry
- Have an existing network of suppliers/dealerships across the UK, so the group business can improve its purchasing ability, develop revenue streams and achieve greater profitability.
- Relevant experience in new and used commercial vehicle sales
- Excellent skills in asset recovery
- Excellent understanding in vehicle brokerage
- Good example of past business accruement through forward thinking within asset purchases.
- Must have excellent commercial awareness, fully understand the business.
What's on offer?
- Work for an expanding successful organisation
- Salary up to £60,000
- 22 days holiday, increasing 1 day per year to a max of 25 days
- Pension scheme
- SimplyHealth or Perkbox membership after probation
- Car Sharing Incentive Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Support with professional studies
- Hours 8.30am – 5.30pm finish at 5.00pm on Friday